loading live map...hang in there
CLOSE
How Gladstone got its name
26 Sep 2013
Published To
Description

The town Gladstone was originally named Port Curtis and was named by Matthew Flinders in 1802. Since then the town was given its name in 1853 to honour a British statesman - Sir William Gladstone. In the photograph is a statue of him that is available for viewing at The Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Musuem.

Comments (0)