loading live map...hang in there
CLOSE
SS Fortitude
10 Feb 2012
Published To
Description

The sailing ship (SS) “Fortitude”, 680 tons. Sailed from Gravesend, England, 14th September 1848, arrived Moreton Bay, 21st January 1849 with 256 immigrants, many of whom settled in the area now known as Fortitude Valley. The suburb was named “in honour of the ship that bore them”.

Tags
Early_Settlement Fortitude_Valley Moreton_Bay SS_Fortitude
Comments (0)