loading live map...hang in there
CLOSE
P1080660
30 Nov 2011
Published To
Description

This is an image of Fred Johnson's cream truck which operated between 1939 to 1973. The D35 International was used to collect and cart cream from the Barney View farms to the Rathdowney Tramway Station. After the Station was closed in 1944, Fred drove 50 miles to deliver the cream to the Beaudesert factory. Along the way Fred would shop for the farmers, deliver mail, meat, bread and any other provisions they needed. 

Tags
Community Culture Education Environment History Rural/Regional
Comments (0)